Windscreen recommendations

Does anybody have recommendations about windscreens for a '96? I've read the reviews at miata.net but I'm still a little confused about what to buy.

thanks,

dm

Reply to
Dave Molta

Your car should already have one to prevent bugs at 100+ mph hitting your eyes. If not, get one from a windshield shop now! :)

If you mean a windscreen at the back, popularly known as a windstop, I have found my Oris very effective at stopping wind and good looking since 1997 or so. I usually keep it below the folded top, (saving trunk space), and take it out as heat or cold or unavoidable Interstates dictate. As soon as I am off the Interstate, I reach back and knock it down.

The Oris is very effective, though there might be stops that block the air even better; I remember one Plexiglas one wrapping around to the side windows. But since no stop can be as effective as raising the top anyway, I never got excited about any of those. The Oris looks best in my opinion and can be pushed down when the need ends. Also, the Plexiglas ones might be very hard to store.

I replaced the Oris bottom straps that wore out with Velcro. I also had a Plexiglas stop, but did not like the wind buffeting and reflections. The Oris does reduce contrast behind you; I find it hard to distinguish police cars through it.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

I too have been suffering from wind and have not managed to find a complete solution. However it does not seem to be a problem once I get over 60 mph in the Miata with the top down. This is evident by the fact that my wife stops gasping for air and puts the Lysol aerosol back in the glove box.

Jitendra '95 Red classic.

Reply to
Jitendra

Yah, I had a problem like that. Mine was a high pitch noise. It only came up when my wife was in the car and I was on the track at Seattle International Raceway ! :-) It sounded kind'a like, "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Or, "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

Reply to
Larry Gadbois