Latest Mazda Miata

Subject Author Posted Replies

is this stuff homeland security stuff???
Peter, I love it ! They used the picture where I didn't have my glasses on ! :-) Bruce I had more hair when that picture was taken. I was *so* having a bad hair day that day. Iva & Belle.) '90B Classi...
13 years ago 3

Painting blower? Exposed cam gears
HI, Since I have the drive train out and I can never keep it as clean as I would like, I was considering painting some engine componets. any pros/cons about painting the blower? I know that white woul...
13 years ago

Can rotating the tires extend their life by 20%?
So I'm looking at BFG G-Force Sports for my next set of tires. Ordering online + installation charges would be a hair over $400 total, if I did all four tires at the same time. Or, the local Discount ...
13 years ago 24

Trip and hmmmmm......
Went from Phoenix to San Marcos, California last weekend for my sister's birthday, drove over Thursday and came home Sunday. Weird Weather: Two years ago I did the same trip, had the top down, wore fa...
13 years ago 23

cleaning engine compartment
Hi, Any good ideas/suggestions on cleaning up an emgine compartment while the drive train is out? I dont have a floor drain or the ability to deal with lots of degreesers. Tia, peter Consider towing t...
13 years ago 4

Miata air scoop
I just installed the scoop that directs air down to the feet when it's hot. That's bothered me ever since we bought the Miata. 95 degrees outside and my feet are cooking down there. It apparantly work...
13 years ago 29

1994 Mazda Miata
I bought my Miata in January 2007 from the original owner as a second car. I now have to move to the east coast and sadly must sell it. Here are the specs: 1994 Mazda Miata MX-5 Smogged and registered...
13 years ago

2006 Check Engine Light. Need Help
My 96 5 spd. manual trans. Miata gets check engine light on. The scanner reads the code PO500 (Speed Sensor A). I called a dealer to purchase VSS, but was told that manual trans. does not come with a ...
13 years ago 23

Door won't open: Solution
I had these symptoms: Door won't open, and then interior handle just doesn't feel like its doing anything. You may notice that the outside handle (which also won't open the door) is slow 'return'. Als...
13 years ago 3

1995 Mazada Miata Oil Leak
I recently had the oil pan seal replaced. Within ten day the real seal on the transmission started to leak. The mechanic told me this is normal due to the increase in pressure caused by replacing the ...
13 years ago 1

NMC: Pat - Bike Shop in Austin
No Miata Content. Pat: According to a mountain biking friend of mine in Austin, the best bike shop in town is Bicycle Sport Shop. is here. Get on out there, buy a new mountain bike with your ill-gotte...
13 years ago 6

Headlight/Foglight trouble question
A few weeks ago my fog lights stopped working. Yesterday while driving from Tampa to NJ, just my left lowbeam failed. I replaced the bulb and that didn't do it. I don't have a shop manual and I've onl...
13 years ago 4

Steering rack change for 1996-1997?
Looking at the steering racks, I see one listed for 1990-1995 models and one listed for 1996-1997 models. Does anyone know what the difference is and why they changed it? It seems strange since most c...
13 years ago

Recommend a mechanic near Portland, Oregon ??
I've had some new shocks sitting in my garage (and you've put up with some posts from me asking for installation help) and I'm realizing that with all that's going on in my life, I may never get aroun...
13 years ago 1

Oil pressure fluctating 2007 2.0i
Hi I seem to the recall that on my 2002 1.8i the needle on the oil pressure gauge hardly moved from just above the centre. I have just got a 2007 2.0i and the gauge varies from about 2 marks above low...
13 years ago 8