1994 626 Cronos

We have a 1994 626 Cronos, automatic transaxle. Problem is... the hold button! After driving approximately 200 km, the hold light on the dash will start to flash, for no apparent reason. If I disconnect the battery, and then reconnect it, the "hold" light on the dash will not appear until I once again go approximately 200 km. This is without touching the hold button itself. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank You!

Larry

Reply to
M&L

i would bet money that its the torque converter that is starting to slip. time for a new trani:( you might want to try putting a trani cooler on it,, and not use the cooler

in the rad, what happens is the cooler in the rad starts to plug and then the trani starts to over heat. I went through 4 trani's in the two years that i had my 93 626. put on a trani cooler and no more problems. if you put in a trani cooler, you have to either T in the extra cooler or connect only to the new cooler, i found out that putting it in line didnt do much good because the rad cooler was plugged and it did no good to add the extra cooler.

matt

M&L wrote:

Reply to
mrx