Quick quetion re: underseat wiring

Hi...

RE: 98 ML320.

Under the passenger seat, one of the cables was ripped apart, most likely from someone sitting in the back seat.

The cable is the one that plugs into the seat belt buckle, and also affects the SRS. Because the wires were pulled completely from the plug, I need to hardwire them back, but need to know polarity.

One set of wires is black and red, the other is grey and brown. Does polarity matter, which connects to which?

Also, what sensor is in the buckle anyway?

Thanks!

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

Mercedes ground wires are always brown. US ground wires are always black. Or something like that. Chances are very high the red and grey wires go together and black goes to brown.

Get spare fuses first.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Thanks - that's along the lines of what I was thinking...I appreciate it!

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie