Unable to open doors W140

Hi , I am buying a W140 approx 1995/6 but I cannot open the doors to get in the car. The remote key does seem to work as all the door buttons go up as if it is unlocked but wont open, so obviously the vacuum pump is working. I also have tried to open doors manually using the key. The boot (trunk) is unlocked and when I connect the battery the alarm sounds. When the alarm sounds it does not appear to sound the car horn it seems as though an additional horn has been fitted and I am thinking that maybe it has an aftermarket alarm immobilizer fitted and that is preventing me from opening the doors. Although I thought that once the door buttons came up the doors woud be unlocked. Obviously I cannot open the bonnet of the car to get access to the alarm until I can open the doors. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
Chugar