124 Coupe

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on the 124 coupe.

Reply to
Warren

snipped-for-privacy@lawyer.com (Warren) hat in Betrag news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com dies gedichtet:

Nice car, is going to be a classic collectible some day. You should avoid the 300E 24V, which is not a good engine. A late E320 with 5 speed automatic gearbox is a very nice machine, preferable in light silver with black leather...

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Frank,

I think you damn to easily the 300 24v engine - mine now has 250K KMs and the oil is clean and golden even just before the oil change. It starts 1st time, even in the winter when it might be -10 C.

I did have a new head gasket (the problem that the 320 solved) at 200K KMs.

Only other problem is the cut-out under breaking reported so often here.

I'd love to hear further views.

Ray

Reply to
JackH