1986 560SEC Tire size?

I just bought an 86 560SEC. The tires are 225/60-15, which are obviously wider than original because the spare cover in the trunk will not close. Also, I do not like the appearance or handling. I did not get a manual with the car. Can anyone tell me the proper tire Size? And incidentally, where to acquire a manual?

Reply to
Bill Bunn

Correct tire size for your car should be 205 65R 15

Reply to
GM

Right... however, you can go 215-60R15 which is totally acceptable. I'd prefer this size to the original size.

For your information. when I had my 380SE. I had 225-60R15 for 11 years before I upgraded to 16" wheels and when I sold it, it also had 225-60R15.

Reply to
Tiger

try:

-->> T.G. Lambach

try:

-->> T.G. Lambach

Agreed. Just use the stock size for the spare.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

The manual is two cd's full of pdfs. You can get them on ebay.

Reply to
Richard Sexton