2002 C240 Questions

Hello everyone,

2002 C240 is approaching 100K KM (60K Miles), - Should I replace the spark plugs? - any other items that should be replaced?

For this summer, I need to get new tires as well, any recommendations for summer/performance tires (preferably under $1200) and available in Canada.

Thank you

Reply to
yassir

I'd suggest michelin pilot sport a/s check them out on tirerack.com these have a very quiet, smooth ride and excellent handling (wet or dry).

good luck,

Oskar

Reply to
pheonix1t

There is a problem with the 203 Plug wire/coil sets. All my misfire problems began with the dealer messing with things they did not understand. Don't let the dealer change these plugs for you or things will start to mess up. If your car is not running /misfiring the computer will tell you. Again, your car is too old to service at a MB dealer if you want fair work. There are plenty of MB Mechanics out there that have also been classically trained and offer only necessary service.

Reply to
thekeener1

The best damn tire EVER made for this car is the Yokohama Avid V4S. It has the durability of iron (500utog), handling is perfect, really good in wet or snow conditions and the price, oh my god are they a reasonable price (around $100/tire and that was with road hazard protection etc from the dealer). I have a set on my c230 coupe, have had them for 1.5 years, drive in a very spirited manner and these things aren't even showing any wear yet. I do 600 miles a week on the highway and have never had an issue with them under any conditions. I LOVE YOKO's.

I'd suggest michelin pilot sport a/s check them out on tirerack.com these have a very quiet, smooth ride and excellent handling (wet or dry).

good luck,

Oskar

Reply to
Kestrel54

As for tires, I suggest you do research on tirerack.com. Currently, we are using General UHP Exclaim for our summer tires. It is super quiet, soft ride and extremely high traction. The price is awesome too for a French made tire.

Reply to
Tiger

Do they come with cheese and a white flag? ;->

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

No but they put a smile on your face everytime you drive.

Reply to
Tiger

I don't know why people keep suggesting all season tires when the original poster asked for summer performance tires.

Please do yourself a favor on one of your car... get a set of wheels and a set of summer performance tire and experiment! You will wonder why you are still driving on all season tires.

Reply to
Tiger

If I read correctly, the person inquiring asked for replacements for summer performance tires, not exactly the same as asking for replacements only rated as spt. The yokohama's that I suggested actually are ALL SEASON High Performance tires and would do as well if not better negating the cost of replacing them every 6 weeks for wear or every other season.

Reply to
Kestrel54

Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I have not decided yet but going through all the links and reviews. I live in GTA (Toronto) and in winter there is heavy snow and snow storms. My car is rear wheel drive and I have separate sets of winter and summer tires. I will be replacing summer times with the summer performance tires. I also own an american car (2005 Malibu LS) and have all season tires on it.

I happened to pass by the MB dealership I go to. I decided to do a quick stop and met with the service manager. This guy has taken good care of me in the past and covered a few parts that broke after the warranty expired. He looked in the car maintenance history and suggested to do Type A service only and no other work is required at this time. (This guy is against changing the transmission fluid unless car is jerky or there is some warning in the computer)

Regards.

Reply to
yassir

For that, you need a set of Michelin PS/2's. ;->

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

No, not really. With General, I smile everytime with more cash in my pocket. I hate Michelin products... I will never buy Michelin products.

Not only it is expensive, it rides hard and performance is not something they are famous for majority of their products.

Reply to
Tiger

Again, that is still ALL SEASON tire. You really need to try a set of dedicated summer tires to understand what I am talking about.

I have bought high performance all season tires all the time before... and they are no where even close to the performance of dedicated summer performance tire.

Reply to
Tiger