300SD Aftermarket Keyless Entry/Remote Start

I just bought a '83 300SD for my wife (thanks Wingnut!). I'd like to add keyless entry and remote start for both safety and convenience, if it's not a huge deal.

Has anyone added an aftermarket kit? Or can a factory system from a later year be easily retrofitted?

Reply to
Paul Valois

I used this one in my 300SD.

It works well providedthe car starts well in the begining. It will kill your battery if thecar doesn't start with out depressing the throttle. If you car isn't inperfect running order, it could be more headache than it's worthresulting in a call from the wife complaining that the car won't start.The opposite of the security you may be looking for.

Reply to
dkmcp

I wonder if this remote start/unlock or lock doors would work on my 1989 560 SEL?

Does anyone had any experience with it?

Bill

Reply to
BG

You can probably get it done, I have had a remote locking kit installed on a BMW, you need to make sure that the system you choose will work with vacuum system.

It takes a few hours to install so bear that in mind or build it into the cost.

Regards

Al Abbasi

Yes it will work on any car.

Reply to