93 mercedes S350 W140 diesel-cooling temperature high

I have a mercedes s 350d-W140 1993 year. When I take out the wire out of cooling temp/sensor,gage does not drop to zero.when I plug again and I drive,gage is erratic.when I top the accelarator,sometimes it drops a litle or goes higher a litle.and the angine temperature,goes to 180 F,BUT DOESN?T BOIL water over.when stop feel with hands the radiator from the inside looiking at the engine,right side is hot,left side is warm,and the lower thermostat hose on the left side,is cold.when the uper hose on the radiator,its hot.when you sut the car,and wait for an hour,the same upper hose is flat,like sucking air. those happened on a rebuild angine,and I have changed water pump,thermostat housing,and thermostat. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Best Regards Giorgos

Reply to
CORFU
90 degree celcius is normal operating temperature... which is around 195 degree F. Double check the temperature with infrared thermometer at the thermostat housing.

Also, when car is hot, the radiator hose should be pressurized.. meaning you can't squeeze the hose... if you can, then you need to change the radiator cap.

If your instrument cluster is not working right, then you need to change the temperature sensor... or make sure it is plugged in right and tight.

Reply to
Tiger

Thank you for replying.I would like to ask you. The uper hose is hot,and the lower is cold on the thermostat housing.Also when you unplugthe wire from cooling sensor,gage iside the car still saws temperature readings. Regards corf

"Tiger" wrote

Reply to
CORFU