Modifying W201 190E output shaft (half axle) to fit ASD differential

I'm trying to fit an ASD (automatic limited slip) differential to my W201 190E. The original output shafts or half axles will be about 32 mm too long after the swap. The ASD output shafts are hard to find so I thought I could modify the old ones by changing a shorter shaft (axle) center part to the original joints. Has anybody made such a conversion or does anybody know the exact length of the W201 ASD shaft (axle)? With the exact length I could be able to find a corresponding part in some other car i. e. BMW or Opel. I appreciate any information about this kind of modification, thanks.

tomant

Reply to
tomant

Ok, well pretend you already have the right part and it failed. Now go buy a set of the right rebuilt parts. Or use car-part.com for used ones.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Richard Sexton kirjoitti:

Thanks, Richard!

The server at catalog.eautopartscatalog.com was too busy to answer my search but I found two potential parts (in about 500) at car-part.com. Maybe these will do the job, hoping to get more info from the breaker's. I.m still interested in the data of the axle shaft for ASD if anyone can help me.

tomant

Reply to
tomant