95 E320 fault codes

on my 95 E320 check engine light came on with the follow codes set:

- EGR, which I understand indicates a clogged EGR tube

- transmission up shift delay - not sure what this means or what causes it

can any one validate my assumption on the EGR and demystify the up shift delay?

thanks

Reply to
tavanas

You win, so Come On Down! Come on down to Heavy Carl's Stealership in Greenville, SC where they only charge $1200 to take your manifolds off and burr out the carbon build up that makes that EGR tube light thingy come on! See the carbon builds up on the opposite side of the intake manifold from where the gas comes in so they have to take it off and burr it out. At least that is what they told me. Old boy out in the kuntry said sumthang else and reckoned it mite be 3 or 400 to fix.

mcbrue offeringhelply under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420 (yellow EGR lite on)
Reply to
mcbrue

ouch, i plan to use a broken speedo cable and a drill to clean it out. now i got to figure out what to to with $1200 savings ;-)

Reply to
tavanas