Best Rated threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Disabling Alarm
I had my radio/cassette player removed (Becker) and a new radio/CD installed in my 1989 Mercedes 260. The alarm was tripped and I can not get it to reset or disable. How can I do this? Locking and...

C230 car phone
Hi, I have a 2003 C230 Sports Coupe
3
3

'81 300D ignition switch problem
New here... would appreciate any advice... and thank you much in advance... We "inherited" a lovely 81 300D... we've got that known problem with the vacuum system (she won't stop w/out using the stop...
3
3

92 300SL Clock
I am about to have my A/C evaporator replaced, so I thought since the dash has to come out, I might take advantage and have the clock repaired. I've been told you have to replace the entire instrument...
2
2

1998 C280 with P0173- Fuel Trim Malfunction - Bank 2 CEL code
Yesterday my 98 C280 Check Engine light came on. Car seems to be running fine. I had AZ check the CEL and it showed P0173- Fuel Trim Malfunction - Bank 2. Any suggestions? I checked the gas cap gasket...

Benz CLK 320 - Catalytic converter rattling
Hi folks. My mom has a 2002 Mercedes CLK 320, and a few weeks ago a rattling sound started coming from underneath the car. It's mainly audible when the car is idling in Drive or as it starts to...
3
3

300E Air Conditioning
I am troubleshooting a center vent vacuum element issue on a 87 300E. I get vacuum on the line, but apparently now enough vacuum to open vents If I bypass the switch-over valve(124 800 0178) and...
3
3

Horn Fuse: FANFARE ?
Just a note to you guys: I recently had someone cut in front of me and my horn went "mewk"... Looked around forever in the fuse boxes for a "horn" fuse in my 1998 c280 sport... Guess it would have to...
3
3

oil pressure 560sel
What is the correct oil pressure for a 560sel with the engine at operating temperature at idle speed?
5
5

unlocking CL500
Anyone know how to unlock a CL500 when the original electronic key won't do the trick? I think the battery is close enough to dead that the electronic door locks won't function. The mechanical key...
7
7

transmission clunk 1989 300e
Hello, My 1989 300e AT clunks when upshifting and downshifting. It sounds like the "clunk" is coming from the rear end. However if I accelerate to high rpms it shifts fine. Any Ideas on whats wrong?
2
2

Kickdown on CLK55 AMG
Does anyone know much about the kickdown / adaptive gearbox on my w208 clk55 amg? Basically the adaptive gearbox 'learns' a drivers driving style based on throttle opening speed etc etc, but if the...
3
3

E320 1995 W124 Keyless entry problem
When I insert key in drivers lock it wont unlock all doors but will open if I insert key in passenger side My remote wont work for door opening but will trigger my alarm system on or off Any help
8
8

ASD lamp on MB W124 300 TD Turbo 1991
I have a little problem with my wifes MB, so I tried to check Ohm by one of the front wheel sonsors when running on my own MB After the little running I put everthing together again, but now the...
1
1

Rear Bose Premium Sound Woofer, 1998 C280 Sport:
My 1998 C280 sport /w Bose premium sound has a "rattle", I guess is the best way to describe it, in the rear deck. I am not able to discern whether this is something loose, like a screw, or a clipping...
3
3

Unimog chassis & engine numbers ....
Hi everyone, where can i find some explanation for engine & chassis numbers, U900 ? chassis no. ; 406121-10-018837 engine no. ; OM352.XII typzeichen 10143 353.902-10-053088 Some pictures soon, tnx.
6
6

1983 W123 240D Vacuum System
Just bought this beautiful beast. Power door locks and gas lid are not working. I understand this is due to a leak in vacuum lines. What all does the vacuum system control? What is the best method of...
3
3

Will 000.822.0903 climate conrole mod. work in 300sd?
Group, Can any one tell me if a climate control module 000.822.0903 is the right part for a 1981 300sd. I have a 000.822.0303 in the car and it is defective. I want to use the first module if it will...
1
1

Got me a SLK 230 K. Trouble!!!
I posted earlier about the cars disappinting performance. A more serious thing happened now. The car stopped in the middle of the road. The engine just died! I pulled over and I had to wait at least...
11
11

Oil Pressure
Hi guys! I owned a 1980 300D a while back and I remember the oil pressure indicated at idle around "1.5". The engine was in need of an overhaul. Had excessive oil consumption as well as blow by. A...
3
3