Best Rated threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Invalid VIN on Carfax, what does this mean?
I was looking at a '90 300CE at Autotrader but whenever I enter the VIN into a title check service I get an invalid VIN message. According to Benzworld it's a valid number and was built in '90 at the...
5
5

Mercedes service headaches
Ok, my family has always owned all American cars, as far back as I can remember, and we tend to keep cars for about 10 years. After having a re-occurring timing-belt issue on a particular Chevrolet,...
6
6

1999 W210 (300TD) Transmission 'thud'
Folks, Recently on a rare ocassion I notice/feel a mild 'thud' (jerk) when slowing-down to almost a stop. I have noticed that this happens particularly when I take the foot off the accelerator and let...
9
9

300E W124 GRILLE REPLACEMENT . . .
I have an aftermarket grille for my 1991 300E. I need to know if anyone can give me tips on the technique for replacement. Especially anything to watch for. My idea of roughing it is a slow bartender....
1
1

E320 code P0170
Hi, this car has 37K miles and runs good but occasionally gives me a check engine light with either a code P0170 or P0173 Fuel trim malfunction. Can anyone tell me what this is and how I can fix it? I...
8
8

RE: ML320 - 2000 Rear brakes, disk and drum combo?
I recently replaced the rotor and disk brake pads all around on my ML320 and was surprised to find the rear rotors contained a set of drum brakes as well. Are these solely for the purpose of the...
2
2

Door opening clunk or popping sound...07 E-class
Has anyone on experienced a popping sound or clunk when opening either of the front doors on a 1997 E-420? When opening either door to the first "detent" position, this sound occurs. When I had my '83...
3
3

E320 Transmission
I have a 1997 E320 and when it first starts out in the morning it doesn't shift well. It feels like it is stuck in second gear. After about 3 blocks of driving everything is fine. I just purchased...
6
6

W115 Unleaded Petrol Question
Just a quick question; does anyone know if a 1969 W115 220 will run on unleaded petrol without problems? I know that many UK cars from the late '60s need converting as the valve seats are too soft....
3
3

limp mode e 320
HELP! My car can not get out of limp mode. 1994 e320 Recently changed; Mass Air Sensor, Engine wiring harness, checked computer-ok, knock sensor, cam sensor, and still the car is in limp mode. Error...
3
3

2001 CLK auto wiper speed issue
Reading about other people's winscreen wiper issues reminds me that I (may) have one on my 2001 CLK (Cab). The service adviser at the dealership could not comment but offered to have it examined at...
2
2

Vito 112 cdi. "start error display"
Vurrently cannot start vehicle. Start error is displaying on the dash, apparently this may be due to a fault within the key!! can anyone offer any advice?
1
1

bad 190E ignition switch causes AC to fail?
Hello, The AC stops blowing cold periodically but I can usually get it started by turning the ignition switch off completely and then back on. Just turning the AC itself off and on or changing any of...
8
8

w116 heater problem
Hello all, I have a 1979 300sd, I get no heat out of the vents. I feel the heater hoses are hot on one side of the nightmare looking thing in the engine but not the other. The vents operate well,...
7
7

'96 C280 (W202) Front left suspension disallocation
HI There, I have a '96 C280 (right hand drive) that had an accident a couple of nights ago that crashed into the pavement while turning into a corner and was avoiding a dog that refused to went away...
4
4

C280 - 1996 - Oil Leak.....
I've got a minor oil leak on my C280 - near the firewall by the oil filter. I can not seem to actually see the leak - but after a couple hour hi-speed run - I can find a little oilly smoke coming from...
1
1

560 SEC - 500 !!! HP
Me want...
4
4

1999 S320 door and trunk suction
Pull out the fuse for the door lock and see if it reset the problem... if not, then check the vacuum hose by the pump to see if it is loose.
2
2

87 300D Power Loss
I have an 87 300D and can't figure out my lack of power on acceleration. I tried new filters, new pressure relief valve on injection pump, vaccuum transducer under the air cleaner and still no luck....
1
1

option code 850
I am looking for the exact meaning of Mercedes option code number 850? - actually it stands for a 500se w126-
1
1