Best Rated threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

blowing smoke and burning oil
I have a 1983 380SL with 170k miles. It blows a big blue cloud at startup and when I accelerate from a stop. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be and what cost it would be to fix. Just...
9
9

W123/M110 : intake manifold gasket leak
Hi, The intake manifold gasket is leaking at a couple of the cylinders. Idle is terrible, especially when the engine is hot. Spraying the intake manifold with starter gas, revs up the engine. I have...

88 420 SEL No Heat Just Cold Air/Service & Repair Manuals
I have an 88 420 SEL that started blowing cold air from vents....all vent systems seem to be operating properly and the temp display over the steering column is working ok, any ideas on the fix, is it...
4
4

W124 Starter Inhibitor Switch
Hello Group, This morning my 200 TE starter won't turn irrespective of which gear is selected on the auto box. I suspect the inhibitor switch has gone bad. IS this the most likely or is there a common...

Poor mileage on '81 300SD
My '81 300SD is giving very poor mileage, latest filling showed about 19 mpg. A recent long trip produced only 24 mpg. Also, on cold starting and heavy acceleration, the car lays down a smokescreen...
3
3

82 240D Key - $22!?!
You've got to be kidding me... I called up a MBZ dealership to get a key made. They want $22 per each key. This isnt some hightech chipped eurostyle key, it's just a strange looking regular metal key....
10
10

1996 sl320 - Beeping sound
Does anyone know what causes a beeping sound every 15 seconds while driving?
1
1

'99 E430 service light comes on after 3600 miles
I had a oil change on my E430 at 70150 miles and now with 73750 miles on the car, the service light comes on. I thought the E430 would run more than 3600 miles between services, I've read the car...
3
3

ML320 seats
I am looking at a 1999 ML320, not at an MB dealer. Were leather seats standard? The seats look like leather but are very vinyl feeling- Did they come with "MB vinyl". Thanks
2
2

Rough Idle after jump-starting 560 SEC
I had to jump-start the car, and since then it had been idling very rough. I've read that jump-starting can sometimes fry fuses and/or ECUs - does anyone know more about this, which fuse might be...
1
1

W124 300TDT 1991 Cylinder Head Gasket
I own this "fine" car, but maybe the gasket is leaking. Is that normal for only 300.000 km (187.000 miles) ?? What are "normal" time/km for the gasket ?? The hydralic valvelifters what are the...
1
1

240D block heater location?
In a W115 body style 240D (1974), where does the block heater bolt/screw in? What must I remove (and where is it) from the engine block to install it? What's the size of the bolt? After 30 years of...
5
5

190e stumble
My 1988 190e 2.3 is exhibiting a problem that I can not find a cause for. As the engine heats up it will stumble and light the check engine light for just a second. It happens so fast that if it were...
1
1

300sd dash outside temp
Hello. How do you change the dashboard outside temp readings from metric to U.S spec. Thank you. sandman
2
2

HELP: 280TE won't start. Push start possible?
Perhaps some one can help. The starter in my 1985 W123 finally took a dump 180 miles from home. I just need to get the car started, so I can drive the car back to familiar help. When I turn the key,...
4
4

74 240D noise and parking brake question
I have a 1974 MB 240D, and there's an odd sound coming from the rear - while the wheels are spinning (in gear or not), it sounds like something is rubbing against a moving part in the rear. The sound...
1
1

HID lights for 1999 S500
3 different dealers in NYC told me that it can't be done. Yet I've heard there are kits available for this. Anyone know if the headlights can be retrofitted to HID lights? Any place in NYC that does...
7
7

Oil burning C230 K
Is it normal for an infrequently driven C230 kompressor coupé to burn 1 liter of oil every 500-1000KM? TIA kristoff plasun
10
10

why do mercedes diesel last forever?
Gasoline engines rarely make it to high mileage. Even if they do make it to fairly high mileage, they need many more repairs than any diesel. How many ignition parts and fuel system parts would a...
101
101

For sale BRABUS V12 6.7 s-class 2002 restyling
For contacs me, please click at For sale only for 140.000 £ . The car is ubicated in Italy, Venice.
13
13