Display says "Oil level sensor defective". Easy to repair? Costly?

From time to time (about twice a month) the message "Oil level sensor defective" comes on when starting the car (E240). Is this something easy to fix myself? If I take it to the dealer, what price repair am I facing? Thanks. WÇY

Reply to
WÇY

On the V6 the sensor is in the sump, you need to remove the lower sump pan to access it (your engine has 2 sump pans) and also maybe jack the engine up slightly to get the sensor out. Expect to pay a couple of hours labour to have it replaced

Reply to
miknik

Thanks, miknik

WÇY