Oil level display

Hi, I have a Peugeot 307 glx its 5 years old and I have been having a problem with the oil gauge / sensor it has been displaying that the oil is low but when I check the dipstick it is showing at the maximum mark. I first had the car I bought it used approx 9 months ago and I'm sure that the oil display was shown every time I start the car, just after the how many miles until your next service spanner on the mileage display but it now only seems to come on intermittently, I did book the car in to have it fixed as its under the one year used car warranty but as yet it has not shown me the oil screen.

Am I correct in thinking that it should be shown every time the car is started, is there any settings I may have inadvertently set to suppress this information being shown and if so how do I reverse them, as so far I have no way of knowing if they have actually fixed the sensor. also has anyone else had the same problem and had it successfully fixed was it the sensor or something else??

Thanks in advance for any information that will be gratefully received. Robert

Reply to
**

[...]

Robert lampard

Joe

Reply to
Joe Taylor

Hi, I have had 3 Peugeot 406's and they have all had a problem with the oil indicator reading low. It is a known software problem which they don't seem able to resolve. But the oil indicator should be displayed each time the the ignition is switched on ( engine not started ), it will then go off and show the service indicator screen. If it is doing this I would not worry, just use the dip stick.

Daved G

** wrote:
Reply to
Dave G via CarKB.com