Electronic braking interfering with AM radio...

It seems that the electronic braking system in my 04 E320 has begun to interfere with the AM radio. When I apply the brakes when the car is in motion, the AM radio becomes all static. When I either release the pedal, or the car comes to a full stop, then the reception goes back to normal. Mind you, this only happens when the car is moving, so it's obviously caused by the brakes actually working, and not by the lights or anything else. Wierd.

Anyone else ever hear of this?

Reply to
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

Could be improperly grounded rotors. heh.

Does it do this in the wet/rain too?

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I would highly suspect bad grounding... check your brake light switch grounding by the pedal... then I would check all the brake light groundings.

Reply to
Tiger

I forgot to mention... I would also check the grounding on the antenna amplifier and the radio itself too.

Reply to
Tiger