Fair Value ??

Looking for an opinion as to fair value for:

1995 E320 Wagon

140k miles Fully Stamped Log Book All service and repair records Recent Set of Bridgestone (80% tread life)

Black / Tan MB Tex Factory CD Changer Sunroof

All service handled by Dealer or qualified Independent Shop.

Thanks,

Ross

Reply to
John Doe

Fair to who? Are you looking to buy, sell, or trade it in?

If trading, the dealership probably won't give you much more than Blue Book (around $7-8K in your case). Private sale around $10K

If looking to buy, consider repairs that haven't been done but most probably are needed (or soon will be needed) on a car that's soon to be 10 years old. My wife drives nearly the identical car to the one you describe (down to the color) with just a few miles less (125K). In the past 18 months we've had to:

- Replace the head/timing chain cover gasket

- Replace the water pump

- Replace the belt tensioner

- Replace the engine mounts

- Fix some "minor" stuff (e.g. hydraulic lines, broken exhaust pipe)

On top of that, the car already had (under warranty):

- The A/C evaporator replaced

- The wiring harness replaced

So if the car you're talking about has had this done, then maybe it could warrant a premium above Blue Book.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

Edmunds.com... kbb.com... and nadaguides.com

Reply to
Tiger