Front Speakers on 107

Does anyone happen to know the mounting depth on the driver's side front speaker on the 380sl. I got a pair of MB Quart 100mm 2 ways, and the passenger side went in fine. However, there's a metal bar inside the driver's side speaker enclosure that prevents that one from going in.

On tehre any 4"" speakers that will fit in there?

Thanks

Reply to
S Bryant

The Alpine SPS-100A have a mounting depth of

1 3/4" .Although I am not a big fan of Alpine speakers,they do sound pretty good and handle 125W peak and 25W RMS.
Reply to
CaptainW116

Does anyone happen to know the mounting depth on the driver's side front speaker on the 380sl. I got a pair of MB Quart 100mm 2 ways, and the passenger side went in fine. However, there's a metal bar inside the driver's side speaker enclosure that prevents that one from going in.

Are there any 4"" speakers that will fit in there?

Thanks

Reply to
S Bryant

Hey Captain,

Before I go out and get a pair, I just wanted to be sure the Alpines would fit, since 1 3/4? is that slim compared to other speakers. Have you actulally installed a pair of these or seen an installed pair?

Thanks aga>The Alpine SPS-100A have a mounting depth of

Reply to
S Bryant