Had to repair my Alternator on a 2001 CLK Kompressor

I bought this car, immaculate condition, full service history & it had done 90,000 km for a 3 1/2 year old car. Anyways, last week, the alternator failed & i had an electrical failure.. took it to my mercedes guy who proceeded to tell me a new one would cost $2000 (australian for a new alternator) so he got it repaired for $600! either or sounds expensive, and im shocked that the alternator failed after just 3 1/2 years... 6 months outside of factory warranty.. can anyone give advice, any way of getting mercedes to reimburse me, or is it just BAD luck?

Dan

Reply to
deltondo1

Mercedes reimburse you!!??? Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa, Haaa!!!!!

You GOTTTA be kidding!!!

Davehd

Reply to
Dave HD

Sheesh,to think I bitched and moaned about spending $200 for my alternator on W116. $2000??????? That is some messed up crap there,not that it failed but that price!

Reply to
CaptainW116

i ended up getting my alternator repaired/ parts replaced etc... costed $600 plus labour... better than 2 k i guess, thats the costs of driving a benz

Capta> Sheesh,to think I bitched and moaned about spending $200 for my

Reply to
deltondo1