Headbeam wipers

I have recently bought a 1990 300SE. It has front headbeam wipers. How are they activated. Someone tells me that they come on automaticall?? Thanks Mike

Reply to
Vwdub1600

When the headlamps are switched on, and the windshield washer is activated.

Reply to
Rugbyguy

turn on the head lamps and wipe the spray the wind screen.

Reply to
admin

When you activate the spritzer to clean your windshield, the headlight wipers turn on at the same time. P.

Reply to
Peter Klein

Three different answers, three different cars? I certainly don't believe that a washer comes on when switching the headlights on.

Can't comment directly as I only have a 'spritzer' which does not require wipers. (It operates when I hit a specific button.)

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Mike, they activate when Wipers and Headlights are both on. Seems reasonable in retrospect, no?

regards

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Reply to
bill

You will never see them working unless you jump out of your car after initiating the spritzer function to clean your windshield and run to the front of the car before the cycle is over. P.

Reply to
pkmaven