I changed Top Gasket

Hi All, After I purchased my secondhand 190 D 2.5 1987 I noticed oilleak into the coolantwater. All pointed to a leaking top gasket. So I started 2 days ago to fix it. Undid all the fittings and finally got the top gasket off. It was exactly leaking from front piston into the waterpipe around the engineblock underneath the gasket. So I took off the old gasket and fitted a brand new one I purchased for aprox. $50. It took me 20 hours. Now it spins again very well indeed and sounds like brand new the tipical diesel engine sound and no more oil in water and oilpressure is just great and temperature is permanent just below 80 degrees (76 I believe). Hard work but it can be done if you set the time aside for it. Regards Niels Ulrik

Reply to
Niels Ulrik Reinwald