Ignition removal

Any body know how to remove the key ignition switch from the dash on a 1974

280C MB
Reply to
Marvin Singletary via CarKB.com

IS there a small hole about the size if a paper clip point any were on the ignition key switch

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Are you asking about removing the lock cylinder? Or are you asking about removing the ignition switch from the steering column lock assembly?

And the $64,0000 question is do you have a key that will turn to position I ?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

are we supposed to understand these answers?

Reply to
my450sl

what are you trying to remove. the tumbler or the whole thing & why.

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

I am trying to remove the ignition switch from the dash board to replace it. I have a key to it. Sometimes when I try to start it, it wont do anything but if I wiggle the key while in the start position it catches.

Reply to
Marvin Singletary via CarKB.com

Trying to remove the whole thing to replace it.

Reply to
Marvin Singletary via CarKB.com

I'll check, thanks.If there is then what?