oh, no - not again...

It appears that summer has hit the midwest, bypassing spring once again, and to my surprise the AC on my 300D has decided not to work. After attaching a tester to the leads to the compressor it appears that there's no juice going to it.

Is there anything that could be stopping the flow of current to the compressor other than the climate control not working? I replaced the unit less than three years ago.... of course that was over 100,000 miles ago, too.

thanks mucho,

terry solomonson

Reply to
terry solomonson

Low refrigerant switch could interrupt the current to the compressor - to ensure the compressor isn't damaged.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

hmm... is there a way to override the switch just long enough to see if the clutch engages?

Reply to
terry solomonson

Sure, connect the two wires going to the switch together. The switch is near the receiver/dryer.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

Well, waddya know - I connected the wires and the clutch kicked in. Interesting part is that after I disconnected them it stayed on... next thing I know I've got nice, cold R-12 inspired AC! Drove it around town doing errands, turning it on and off, no problems.

It would appear that the switch is on its way out and it must have gotten jiggled in the process, so now it's working. Guess I'll leave well enough alone until it finally gives up!

thanks, one and all!

terry solom>

Reply to
terry solomonson