Radio message "Wait"

Hi. I purchased a 91 420SEL a while back and have been happy with the car, however recently the stock radio seems to be malfunctioning or I just dont know what im doing lol... When i turn it on all that appears
on the screen is the word "Wait" and it stay that way. I was hopeing to fix it instead to buying something newer since i like the look of the stock piece. Any advise someone can give would help... much appreciated. :cry:

I think I've seen this wait msg on some radios in other make cars when they have lost the power and you incorrectly enter the security code a couple times. I think the idea is to keep you from trying a bunch of codes rapidly. After a wait of X mins, it will allow you to try again. If it's permanently displaying this, I'd try removing power from it for 15 mins or so and then see what happens. If that doesn't fix it, might be time for a trip to the dealer, as they may be able to reset it.

Note that X may equal to 24 hours if sufficiently many incorrect codes have been entered.