Radio question

I have a 1983 240D with the old style Becker Europa Cassette Radio installed. I want to put in a new radio with CD player.

Where can I find a constant 12volt wire for the radio? I will have to rewire the speakers for the newer fade/balance controls. Do I have to change the old and working well speakers? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
Steven Mercer

I would definitely replace auto speakers that are 20 years old. The factory speakers were not that great to begin with and after being exposed to 130 degree temps in typical summer environments inside the car, the cones dry out and become stiff and brittle.

For constant 12 volts, you can always find it at a fuse panel. An easier and closer spot might be found by rooting around in the area around the radio once it's out and try to identify a likely source.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

If the radio allready has radio presets or a clock , it will have constant

12v there..... not sure myself if that radio does or not..... speaker cones drying out is a worry Chet....i`ve never seen them wet before... :)

brett....

Reply to
Brett