speedometer Merc 380sl 1984

Hi there, When the ignition is activated the speedometer goes from zero to 160. any ideas?

Reply to
brutus1

A short? I am surprised this is possible, as I would think such an old car would have a mechanical speedo?

A mystery to me. Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I used to have the same problem in my '82 sl. It stopped after I got several speeding tickets.

Tom Sharples

Reply to
Tom Sharples

Thanks. but where? Yes it is an old car but it has an electric speedo. cheers

Reply to
brutus1