TORQUE ALLOY WHEELS

Can someone give me the proper torque of wheel bolts, with alloy wheels? What is the conversion factor for Foot pounds, to Inch pounds,... and Nm, (called Newton meters) not in the manual

Reply to
r parris

All what you want (and probably more) is here :

Frank (France)

"r parris" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3114.bay.webtv.net...

Reply to
Frank.B

Any particular car or wheels?

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

Generally for all MB is 80 lb/ft. for lugbolts.

Reply to
Tiger
1 lb force = 4.45 newton

Doesn't convert Imperial/metric torque, just dyne cm and newton metre.

However the conversion table on the metrication website given by Frank.B DOES do the conversion:

1 ft lb = 1.35 Nm

Frank.B, thanks for that link. Great little converter! I have a good one on my PDA but it's nice to have this on the laptop. Whole site looks useful!

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Car is 1992 190E 2.6 124000 miles I keep getting different answers from mechanics. One even said 100 Ftlbs I think that should be 100 Nm. Caliper to hub, mounting bolts are only 85 Ftlbs Until I looked it up I had never heard of Nms before.

Reply to
r parris

Believe me... 80 lb/ft is all you need. The actual spec for our car is 75 lb/ft.

Reply to
Tiger

Ask Google. It will convert almost any measure into another. Put in "80 foot pounds in Newton meters" and it will spit out the number. It's pretty handy. Rob

Reply to
Vetluver