Tyre Noise

I am currently running Michelin Pilot HX 215 / 55 / R16 93v on a E300 TurboDiesel. I have always found the tyre noise to be fairly intrusive. I am now needing to replace these tyres, Any suggestions for a quieter tyre

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

you may find a reduction in noise by running a slighter narrower tyre ...

205s perhaps. i find the pirelli 6000 range to be quiet, and also vredestein (dutch make, i think), but the latter are expensive

Reply to
atwifa

Stuart,

You might laugh, but I've had really good results with some Kumho KH11 tires on my 300D Turbodiesel... they were noisy when I first had them installed but within 1,000 miles they were pretty darn quiet. They grip like crazy and wet weather is excellent too (can hardly notice any traction loss) so for $220 shipped from Tire Rack, I'm blown away with em. Mine were

205/60/15 but I'm pretty sure they make em in your size too.

Something to consider...

Mike

Reply to
Mike "Rotor" Nowak

"Mike \"Rotor\" Nowak" wrote in news:6QvIb.96621$pY.44045@fed1read04:

Or he could just get the proper Continentals for it!

Reply to
George Mann

Both my last cars came with continentals on as new (190E & 220E) For whatever reason this one was del;ivered with Michelons on!

Out of the three Mercedes, the 190E 2.0 auto was by far the best car I have ever owned. Is it because I expect more or are these cars going downhill?

Reply to
Stuart

"Stuart" wrote in news:bt2duq$6v1$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk:

Mercedes went downhill in the mid-70's. As far as 190 owners go, you were very lucky!

Reply to
George Mann