Very cheap car required

Hello,

I am considering taking part in the following event later this year

which, as its name suggests, is a rally from Plymouth in Southern England to Dakar in Africa.

One of the rules of the event is that the car used must have cost under £100 (which is approx $180 or ?150) and also it should be left hand drive. £100 in the UK will buy something like an old Merc W123 200E in poor condition or a similarly sized car from Ford or GM.

Problem is being in the UK the cars are right hand drive.

So my question is for any readers in France / Belgium / Germany is what kind of car could one buy for £100 ish in your countries ? (I don't think the £100 is a strict rule so assume up to £400 or so I guess but the cheaper the better)

The car basically has to have 3000 miles of life left in it

Thanks in advance for any help

Ben

Reply to
Big Ben

In Germany: in general same as UK but a bit more for your money, esp for the German brands. Remember that they are top sellers and hence plentiful in supply.

For Merc and BMW try Sueddeutsche Zeitung, weekend edition, available from any decent newsagent. An advance order may be required.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Is there an english version of this site ?? Thanks

Antonio Sergio Sena

Reply to
Antonio Sergio Sena

Why not get a friend to buy a car you like and can do the job, and them a week later buy it from them at the stated price?

Racing is founded on bending but not breaking the rules, so long as you do not pay more for that car then it says you can, and dont make any deals for an extra payment for the car, your set.

Of course you could buy something else from him at some other time, and if you choose to pay somewhat more than its worth, thats between you and him.

It even says on the rules page "rules are ment to be broken" if thats not an invitation for some creativity. I dont know what is

or perhaps this is just my way of treat> In Germany: in general same as UK but a bit more for your money, esp for the

Reply to
Alex

Run it through this:

German -> English Or you could try
and put LHD in yoursearch criteria

HTH

Reply to
300 Essie

why pull the tooth through one's ass?

BR

Helar

Reply to
Helar Laasik

Is that a Finnish expression?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

I'd recommmned something cheap, robust and dependable - and the first thing to come to mind? An old Subaru Justy 4x4. Three raging cylinders, a counter balancer to keep it all quite, a competent 4 wheel drive system and 30-35mpg.

You can buy them in the US for under $250 easily; dunno what the Euro market is like for them.

Just an idle thought from a happy 300D Turbodiesel owner and former Justy 4x4 pilot ;)

Reply to
bmwloco

No, an Estonian one

Helar

Reply to
Helar Laasik

Sorry, I forgot you were from there. And your server address confirms it.

It doesn't make the expression any less colourful...

And how does it feel to be in the EU? Did the sun change colour in May

1????? Did Men From Brussels In Grey Suits move in....?....

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling