Carb Synchro Tool?

Hi All,

I've had a few problems with my 1979 MGB GT, and to cut a long story short - I now need to synchronise my carbs.

I'm aware of the 'hiss' test - but, I'd prefer to just buy a tool and make sure I get it spot on.

Searching the net, I've found carbtune (used for motorcycles) but - I can't find any equivelent for cars.

Anyone know of any reasonably priced models available in the UK?

Also - If I buy one - am I likely to ever need to use this again? Or would I be better off getting a garage to tune up the carbs ... and save myself the expense?

Thanks,

Steve Bristol, UK

Reply to
<steve

Doesn't Moss Motors offer one? The web page

showsthe one for SU carburetor.

-Dima

short - I now need to synchronise my carbs.

sure I get it spot on.

can't find any equivelent for cars.

would I be better off getting a garage to tune up the carbs ... and save myself the expense?

Reply to
Dima

Hiya Steve. I recently had the same quandry and finally bought one (Gunsons) from the MGOC. £14, I seem to remember? Well worth the money. Made a huge difference to the tune. Rather satisfying when it's done.

Reply to
Andy Cutting

I've owned a carb synchronizer for years. It used to be called a "Unisyn Gauge." In the Moss USA catalogue it's listed at a cost of $28 US. That's a lot cheaper than any mechanic is going to charge for doing the job.

CR

snipped-for-privacy@catflap.electro-clash.com wrote:

now need to synchronise my carbs.

sure I get it spot on.

find any equivelent for cars.

be better off getting a garage to tune up the carbs ... and save myself the expense?

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson