Laid up MGB

Hi all,

I am preparing to pick up a new toy, a 1980 MGB GT 1.8. It has been in a garage for at least 10 years so, before I can get it running, I guess I have some work to do.

I'm assuming: Tyres Battery Oil & filter Coolant flush & replace

Anything else I should be doing before trying to turn the key?

Cheers,

JAG. Jonathan A Gwyer jon (at) j8g (dot) co (dot) uk

Reply to
Jonathan A Gwyer

Oooh, and brake fluid!

Reply to
Jonathan A Gwyer

Drain and flush the gas; by now it's varnished. Not just the brakes; clutch hydraulics, too.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

I would replace all brake and hydraulic flexible lines too.

Reply to
Howard Rose

Have a look at this list:

Rob Edwards

Fantastic, thanks. A few things to keep me busy, and a nice steep learning curve.

Expect to hear more from me in the future!

Cheers,

JAG.

Reply to
Jonathan A Gwyer

Reply to
Kevin Hall

Everything you need to do is listed here:-

Ian Edwards