MGF Bliss/Agony/Bliss

Hi I recently bought an MGF coz I reached 40, got divorced, looks superb, scares me stiff, don't trust myself on a Fireblade, made in England, need to pull a bird etc. etc... Anyway, to the point; the car is a late '96 1.8 NCD (non-fancy cam drive haha), and it keeps slipping out of 5th (seemingly when the engine/transmission is at a constant load). I read in an article on the Elise that this is a common problem with the transmission on the F/Elise (although I would have expected to find more articles if it was). Is it? If so what is the fix? Many thanks in anticipation. Geoff

Reply to
Geoff