MGF Tyres

I run a 1996 MGF 1.5, around 3000 per year

I have been looking at my worn rear tyres today and noticed that the front tyres are the same size as the rear.

The car is fitted with:

Front: Aurora K103 205 50 R 15 68V (Newish) Rear: Michelin Pilot SX 205 50 R 15 68V (Replacement Needed)

What should I do?

Put the Aurora on the rear and fit the correct size (185 55 R 15V) to the front Replace the rear only

What differences will I see if I change the front tyres?

Any brand / model recommendation for the tyres?

Kind Regards

Chris Brown

Reply to
Chris Brown

replace the tyres with the correct size. There is a maximum size which should be fitter to the rim size.

Wide tyres give tyre roll.

Anyway the correct tyres will be cheaper.

Reply to
Rob

Fit Avon RV3's on both front and back. 185x55x15 on the front (V rated) and

205x50x15 on the back get the alignment checked by four wheel laser alignment to ensure proper tracking of the wheels and allow about 100-500 miles for the tyres to bed in properly.
Reply to
uNkulunkulu