Winter in an MGF

Should I avoid the snow and ice and get the missus to drive me to work in her car or does the MGF have the winter prowess of a snowmobile (ignoring the ride height issue).

:)

Reply to
Mat Overton

Regards, K.

Reply to
Keith Langley

In the same boat here, but it seems from other BBS's that if driven gently with due care then the F is not much worse than other cars! Best of luck (he said with trepidation).

Reply to
Graham Martin

I've done the last 8 winters in either an F or a TF and they're a real hoot.

Lots of fun if you treat them with the respect any rear wheel drive demands.

-- Regards

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mason

I'll be driving RWD in the snow, if there is any, but then I have learned how to do this. If you want my opinion, you will take the car out for fun to a place where there is nothing much to run into, e.g. a supermarket car park at night, once the snow arrives, and learn to skid it about, at low speeds. It's relatively easy, you have to keep steering where you want to go rather than asking for more left / right than you got just now. Also, you have to use the right amount of throttle, too much and the back oversteers. Not enough and the back oversteers.

Once you get the hang of it, it becomes excellent fun.

Reply to
nospam