Latest threads in MG Sports Carsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Starter Solenoid/Relay Needed
... for a 1959 Magnette ZB. Somebody please help & advise.
1
1

Backfiring then quit
Recently overhauled my 77 MGB engine. have 2000 miles on it. On a trip last weekend at about 4000 rpm's it started to backfire and got progressively worse as I went on. pulled the head off thinking...
2
2

Car Prices
Cars are a big investment. Since buying a car is relatively a long- term investment, many people want to make an informed decision about the latest prices of all models of cars before deciding on any...
1
1

MGF roof cleaning
Hi. I have just purchased an MGF convertable for some summer fun. What's the best way of cleaning the fabric roof? Regards. DAB.
2
2

Question about downshifting
I just bought a 67 Austin Healey Sprite. Though I haven't received it yet I have been reading a lot about it. I saw a 5 speed tranny advertised and in conversing with the seller he said I shouldn't be...
4
4

How did it do that?!
Ok so I go to , and nothing happens when i click the video, of course, however....at the very end when a flash kind of ad comes up, and I clicked, my CD drive opens and my monitor shuts off. Whats...

True?
is this real?

Help!!! no brake or reverse lights working!!
Hi, i've got a Rover 2.14 sli, 1990, and today suddenly i have no brake or reverse lights!!! I have changed bulbs and fuse, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The man at Les Smith...
5
5

MGF - Auto transmission warning light on at start up - Ok when driving.
My MGF does very little mileage and spends a long time parked up. When I first start it up, the yellow auto transmission light comes on after a short delay, and stops on until I engage gear nd move...

MGB - No spark
Hi. I've just fitted my refurbished engine - but no spark. Replaced coil (twice), fitted new electronic distributor, leads, plugs. Have 11.8v going into coil. Occaisionally get one spark immediately...
3
3

Question about Wire Wheel Banjo-type 1964 MGB rear axle
Last Tuesday the left-side (US Driver's side) axle broke on my Victor Special (based on 1964 MGB). It broke clean around 8" from the hub extension; almost looks like it was sawed off in a lathe. I...

MGF
I'm looking to buy an MGF, about 1998 age. I've noticed a few ads mention having a new head gasket. Is this a known problem?
5
5

Midget Fuel Tank - Pipe corrosion
Hi, I've had the same issue now on two fuel tanks that I've had on my 1275 '73 Midget. Essentially the issue seems to be the pipe corroding through at the join to the tank. Does anyone have any...

Temp Problems
I have an MGF 1.8 which recently has had the head gasket replaced. The car runs 100% but the oil pressure goes passed the 120 mark and then if accelerate it cuts out. If you then stop and start the...

Revs can be erratic when idle
I'm totally stomped. I have an MGF N reg. When accelerating hard so the revs are high and then immediately disengaging the clutch my engine gets stuck at high revs for 2-4 seconds. Also when starting...