Replaced Run Flats

I've only had my MINI for 3 weeks and I was very uncomfortable with the runflat tires. It gives a very harsh ride and noisy as well. I swapped out my tires with the Firestone Firehawk GTA 02 tires and must say that it made an incredible difference. The ride is super smooth and ultra quite now. The non runflats was money well spent. The interior of the car does not take a beating anymore. It's nice and quiet.

Now it's truly happy motoring.

Reply to
Tsunami

what did you do with your run flats?

Reply to
s n u f f y

Where do you keep the spare tire?

Reply to
Michael Greenberg

The shop (Texas AutoTrim) that did the work purchased the runflats from me and gave me a discount on the Firehawks. The total cost for mounting, balancing, and taxes came out to be $270.96

I called the Firestone Store and they wanted $447.00 (not including taxes) for the same deal. If you don't live in Houston, then you can buy the tires online from TireRack.com for $66.00 a peice. Firestone will sell you the same tire for $108.99.

Cut out the Middle Man and enjoy your motoring!

Reply to
Tsunami