Buying a Mini

Hi, I'm looking to buy a 2005 Mini, but I don't know to much about all the accessories that are offered with the car. Was hoping that I could get some feed back on the stereo system, the navigation unit. Was also wondering if there is a place to purchase things for the Mini other than the dealerships.

Thanks, Liz

Reply to
Liz

Check out these two sites for more information than you could possibly need to know:

Ryan Graham

These are good sites with lots of discussion about the the stereo and nav options. My opinion is that the nav system is one of the worst out there and a very poor value when compared with the systems in cars like Lexus and Acura. But I'm anti-option for the Mini in general. All the options tend to be overpriced - the base MCS is the best value in the line.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

dealerships.

You don't specify which model you're looking at. I've just been through this ordering a Cooper S Cabrio...it is hard. The Build One site should be up at MINIUSA.com pretty soon and that'll allow you to see most of the options. The packages are a toss-up...I went with the Premuim Pack as I wanted everything in it. The Sport Pack though requires you to take the 17" wheels which I didn't want so I spec'd the Lamps and DSC separately. The Cold Pack is a tremendous value. Most of the rest is dealer option material.

But...having said that...it's true when you get right to it that a base S is one heck of a car without any add-ons at all!

Peter in Denver

Reply to
Peter Crowl

Peter, I'm looking to buy a Mini Copper. Your right it would help if the miniusa sight had the build backages up for the 2005.

Liz

Reply to
Liz

Meanwhile you can go to

which is the Canadian site. Their Cabrio build site is up, but to my untrained eye there are some differences from US Spec..This also means that 2005 options are on that site.

Your dealer should have the 2005 Accessory catalog - perhaps not enough yet to give them out but they should have a copy or two. My dealer does. The

2005 Model Year (MY) change memo is also available which spells out what the packages are and what'd different.

2005's are on the dealers lots here in the U.S. ---they should be able to help you!

Best of luck - this is half the fun!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Crowl