CD changer source?

I want to buy a BMW or 100% compatible CD changer (alternative suggestions welcome). I will be installing it myself and do not want to get into "modification" or "adapter" issues. Anyone know where I can purchase one on the net since the dealer wants an arm and leg?

Reply to
Grinder

You can of course check out ebay ,I got a six disc changer for approx.

200.00 and it plugged right in. The only thing that was a pain was trying to fit the brackets without messing anything up . How I ended up mounting the changer was with industrial Velcro pads ,so it is held firmly in place but it can be moved or removed easily. Hope this has been of some help.
Reply to
Cliff Saunders III

thanks.

Reply to
Grinder

Crutchfield.com has a variety of CD units including an Alpine 6 disc MP3 unit that are compatible with the Mini Cooper.

Reply to
Bubbski

I checked out a local installer here and he said if I could find a changer w/brackets and adapter for under $500 to go for it. He wanted $482 installed for an Alpine unit. The dealer wanted $619 for the BMW changer and bracket w/o installation. I picked up one with brackets for $444 including shipping. This is the best deal I could find after a fairly exhaustive search. I decided to go with O.E.M. to eliminate possible problems with the adapter.

Grinder