Mini Driving lights

Can anyone remotely tell me why the extra front accessory lights are SO friggin expensive ?! Around 700.00 ! I 've been told 499.00 for the lights and 3 to 4 hrs labor to install . GIMMIE A BREAK ! It's all pre wired ! Another scam just like the rear fog lights that are already there but you have to buy the pkg for them to put in the switch to use them . PLEASE ! HEY BMW , get with it and stop ala'carting us to death ! AND if you are , at least make it reasonable ! We consumers can go out and buy better lights AND have them installed for HALF that 700bucks . Comments anyone ? Shobie

Reply to
Ralph Tavella

I hear you! I was going to get them installed on my MINI when I ordered it until I found out how much they cost PLUS how much freaking labor was required. I think it's pretty ridiculous, and I'm going to try to get my dealer down a little on them (cause they look so damned cool...admit it!); I'm sure that the lights themselves are negotiable enough, though the labor is hard to work any lower...unless it only takes them the half hour that one might expect. I dunno...there's something nice about just having the official controls and install...but dang, after buying the car I hardly have the petty cash lying around to just put those things. *sigh*

Erik

Reply to
Erik "BRG/W MCS" Peterson

Actually it is a complicated install. It's well documented around the Web. But if you can live with a separate switch and not have them come on with the high beams, than you can do it quickly yourself with any number of aftermarket products (that look better, IMHO). I personally am holding off to get the "4 across".

Reply to
jtpr

The lights are NOT pre wired not even a relay or earth wire.

The control unit cannot even switch them on without re-programming.

Aftermarket lamps could be wired in with relays to switch on when on High beam.

Reply to
arielmad