Fuel mileage.........

Hello All,

I've had my MCS for about a month now and absolutely love it. My question deals with my disappointment in the fuel mileage I've been getting ---- about 25 mpg! What did all you people get during your break-in period? I still only have about 750 miles on it so far but was expecting at least 28 mpg. That said, the car is a blast and I thoroughly enjoy it!! The fun factor is much higher that it was with my '00 S4 that I sold to get this............

Bob

Reply to
vwzx7

My cooper is about 5 days old :) and has got up to 28 MPG, it's had a mix of motorway and normal road usage. I'm expecting it to go upto 35 in a few hundred miles.

Reply to
s n u f f y

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, vwzx7 at snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote on 10/19/03 9:00 PM:

I have 8500 miles on my MC. Since the weather has cooled off and I'm not cranking the A/C, I've been getting 27.5 MPG. How can you be disappointed with 25 MPG in an S??? I think that sounds damn good.

A.

Reply to
AngieB

snipped-for-privacy@charter.net

I find mpg depends on how heavy your right foot is, The trouble is that once run in the car loves a heavy foot almost all of the time :).

Reply to
Warren

I believe the EPA numbers are something like 24/30. Most folks who drive the car in a reasonably spirited manner seem to be getting about what you're getting unless they're doing predominately highway miles. Sounds normal.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

We took our 03 MCS on a 350 mile motor completely around Mt Rainer in Washington State. There were 9 other MINI's on the motor. We climbed over

3 mountain passes at around 4500' elevation and went to Paradise on the side of Mt Rainier that is at an elevation of 5400' (we started at sea level).

As you can imagine, there were a lot of MINI rabbit starts and dare I say, a little speeding, not to mention a lot of mountains.

When I filled up, I calculated 33.5MPG. There were 2 CVT MC's in the group and both calculated 30.5.

Not bad.

Reply to
Mini me

I was disappointed because my big old Ford Taurus SHO got 22, and I expected my little Mini to get substantially better mileage than that. (I also have been getting 25 since my car arrived in June, though now it seems to be rising to 27.) Maybe it's that the Ford was prodigiously conservative with fuel.

Reply to
Harlan Messinger

I have 36 k on mine and consistently get 27. Also, this is arrived at by doing the math. The computer consistently reports 30. So, check yours with a calculator as the computer is not accurate.

Reply to
jtpr

Yes, the computer is definitely off...............

Reply to
vwzx7

Because the window sticker said 28/34.............

Reply to
vwzx7

Are you measuring UK or US gallons per mile??

snipped-for-privacy@charter.net

Reply to
Cunny Funt

US gallons.............

Reply to
vwzx7

Thats why some folk are getting vastly differing results then!! I am in the UK & get around 30-32 MPG!!!

US gallons are smaller than UK gallons!

Nige

Reply to
Big Nige