accord v6 fuel mileage

I am wondering what kind of gas mileage to expect from my 2001 accord v6.I owned it for 8 months or so and decided to see what kind of mileage I was getting.I did some figuring with city driving and I am getting a "disgusting"15.5 miles per gallon. As far as I have been reading,this seems way too low.Anyone else getting mileage this low in city driving?My tires are up to proper psi,however I have yet to replace the filters and plugs that may boost it up a bit. thanks in advance!

Reply to
slider

2000 Accord EX V6. City get around 24-25 mpg. Highway, 3500 mile RT trip going about 75-80 mph--got 27-29 mpg, can get higher, over 30, if I slow down. Don't figure your mileage on one fill up. It will be inaccurate. Try calculating over several tankfulls and see if that makes any difference. If not, then you've got a problem. MLD
Reply to
MLD

Reply to
scrapbook

I've never got any mileage that low. I'm getting between 28 and 30 mpg in town through the winter with my Accord (same year and engine as yours).

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

that brings up a good point.When they test cars for mileage per gallon,they should refer to winter time or summer time.It makes a huge difference,probably as huge as highway and city.

slider

well Brian,I filled it up a week or so ago.Drove around Halifax for that week and filled up again yesterday.It took 44.13 litres and my odometer read

Reply to
slider

The EPA tests fuel economy for bureaucratic reasons - they are used for calculating CAFE ratings. Actually, any semblance to the numbers we get are coincidental.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Using your numbers above, I came up with 14.4 mpg. What is the mileage on your car?

Reply to
Brian Smith

Reply to
slider

Reply to
slider

Reply to
John

I'm in the Ottawa area. I drive an '01 Acura TL and I get slightly better mileage than you (part of my travel around town is on a highway). Driving around town in cold weather yields bad mileage with a V6 because they seem to take forever to fully warm up (compared to a much smaller I4). Usually I can drive 350 kms with 55 liters of premium fuel in the winter and 450-500 kms in the summer. On a long highway trip at a decent speed (120 kmh) I can drive 600 kms with 58-60 litres (winter or summer doesn't make much difference).

"slider" wrote in news: cWF_d.69792$fc4.54143@edtnps89...

Reply to
Ghislain

I've got 128,000 on mine. there shouldn't be that much difference in the two vehicle's fuel consumption. Do you have the service records for the car? I wonder if the previous owner changed the transmission fluid and did all of the other regular maintenance that I have done since I've had my car?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

I figured that .

Reply to
Brian Smith

Interesting. I normally am able to put about 500 km on the tank of fuel in the winter, and close to 800 on the tank in the summer, using regular fuel. I don't know how that makes you able to say that you achieve better mileage than I do.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

My mistake. I meant to answer the OP.

If you achieve 800 kms in the summer, you certainly don't drive like I do. The best that I achieved was 700 kms and that was on a long trip. I used to drive a 4 cylinder Camry and it wasn't much better on the highway.

"Brian Smith" a wrote in news: nlV_d.46109$ZO2.43416@edtnps84...

Reply to
Ghislain

No problem.

The most I've managed to do is 855 km before the low fuel light lit up.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

About 30-32 on the highway is about right for me.

City is around 20.

Reply to
Jay Stutzmann

as a matter of fact,I went to Old Orchard Beach last summer and I got

31miles PG also. I think when it warms up a bit,like it has been doing,my mileage will improve a bit.15 miles per gallon is hard to take. I am doing a highway/city mileage test and so far I am up to 300kms. ...180 of those are highway.I believe I used approx. 2/3rds of a full tank so far.This seems a lot better than the last tank.Although all city driving,I got only 227 kilometers off that last tank full
Reply to
slider

I have a 2001 v6 and in the metro NYC are I get about 18 in the city and about 26 on the highway. The city mileage have been lousy from day one. The new accords 4cyl is better you don't give much in performance plus the engine is stronger along with the security of a timing chain.

Reply to
magix23