Long waits for MINIs continue ?

I was talking to my local dealer yesterday. He told me that have sold their allocation of Convertibles through until next March ('05). Other models through until late October / early November '04, and they have only one used MINI for sale. Is this typical (for the UK) ?

Reply to
Ramases

It varies wildly from place to place, even dealer to dealer. I think the average for a non-convertible is about 3 months.

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

My wait for my 04 Cooper was almost exactly three months, and I'm in Minneapolis, ordering from Motorworks Mini of Bloomington, MN....

Reply to
poo

Must be a regional thing. Yesterday we went to Tom Bush MINI in Jacksonville, FL, wrote a check and drove off the lot with a dark silver Cooper S. I've had to change my will so that the embalmer won't spend my kids' inheritance trying to remove the grin from my face.

Reply to
Spunky the Tuna

I know that grin, Spunky. And it's combined with a giggle that becomes a guffaw when I hit the gas. Have fun!

Lisa

Reply to
poo

What are you Guy going on about? I drove an S and it felt flat.

I will have to order it with the JCW kit if I decide to get one.

I am flip flopping towards the Mitsubishi Evolution for now.

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

What happens at 40K miles when the silly thing needs a $3000 repair?

I've always been gunshy about BMWs, and nothing I've seen about this car has changed my mind...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Mine went back for piss poor build quality & really annoying shitty service from the dealer.

It was a fun car, but it never worked 100%

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Well if you have the $$$, bravo, go for it. Me, I couldn't afford an S or JCW, let alone an Evolution (which starts at $28K).

See now, if you were comparing the Mini to a VW Golf and a Ford Focus like I was, and expecting to have to live with yet another economy car that looks and drives like an economy car, then you can better imagine my pleasure at the terrific handling and the general non-economy-car attitude of my Mini Cooper.

So you bet I'm smiling.

Now then, the repair thing is a tough one. If I have tons of trouble, of course I'll be very disappointed. But I gather it doesn't happen to everyone, and I guess I'm playing the odds there and hoping I'll get lucky. And many of the repairs sound kluge--not so much crisis causing as irritating. Still, I don't like the VW repair record for this stuff much better, ya know? And I just couldn't buy yet another "sensible" and safe Mazda entry model (much as I'm grateful for how well ours have always performed and maintained).

So the Mini was a way for me to finally get more of a car for not more money, if that makes sense.

Cheers!

Lisa

2004 Cooper with DSC, CWP...not to mention RED seats!

Reply to
poo

I went through what you went through. Went from "safe" but perceived boring into a VW Jetta, which was a blast to drive. But its repair record turned into something very nasty, and I dumped it after a year--for something "safe and reliable". Suddenly, "safe and reliable" took on a WHOLE new look. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Still do.

You couldn't pay me to drive a VW again. And for better or for worse, that's colored me on German "engineering" in general.

My brother also had BMW and Audi, and said the same thing. Told me I'd be sorry. I can't say he didn't warn me.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote in news:elmop- snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

Then I suggest that you go piss on somebody else's parade, you troll.

I'll be out hooning around in my MINI with a big grin on my face.

Reply to
Spunky the Tuna

Then I suggest that you go piss on somebody else's parade, you troll.

I'll be out hooning around in my MINI with a big grin on my face.

Reply to
JimBob

Right up until the bloody thing needs an expensive repair.

What about my observations with regard to BMWs don't you like? Don't you like it when the truth is thrust in front of you?

You can pretend, but you can't avoid the reality: it's a BMW, and that makes it a vehicle built for the lease market, not for the long term. They're flaky and they're expensive to fix, and things go wrong with them that should never go wrong.

Did I ruin your drive? Well, that's your problem.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com, Elmo P. Shagnasty at snipped-for-privacy@nastydesigns.com wrote on 5/20/04 7:54 PM:

Why are you even on the new MINI group??? Go back to your old mini group, why don't ya. You guys get your panties all in a knot when some newbie inadvertently posts a question about the new MINI on the mini group but come in here and start slamming our cars.

Whatever. Loser.

Reply to
AngieB

Dangit Angie !!! I was just about to post that exact message but you beat me to it........ LOL :)

Blues

Reply to
Blues_Jam

And how do we know he belongs to the old Mini group?

By the way not all old Mini owners wear panties. Corsets maybe but panties no.

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

in article v8frc.7270$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc01.gnilink.net, iBuyMinis.Us at snipped-for-privacy@OsiTech.Netremove wrote on 5/20/04 10:59 PM:

Fits the profile: BMW hater. He *may* not be a classic Mini person, but his hatred of BMW leads me to believe he is.

I stand corrected. :-)

Reply to
AngieB

in article cverc.88622$iF6.7645222@attbi_s02, Blues_Jam at snipped-for-privacy@newengland.usa wrote on 5/20/04 10:15 PM:

LOL

I'll let you do it next time.

A.

Reply to
AngieB

Don't flatter yourself. All you did was help me feed my twit bin.

Reply to
Spunky the Tuna

Actually, you're wrong. "Elmo" is a troll. He used to troll the real Mini newsgroup a while ago too by saying how great the New BMW thing was compared the real Mini.

Don't feed the troll. Eventually he'll get fed up and move somewhere else.

Reply to
Nicholas Bales