MINImal damage?

The other night I slid off of my driveway turntable into the snowy lawn, but was able to back right up onto the driveway again. I didn't notice till today that the black trim near my right front tire is pulled out a little bit, but it does not seem to be scratched or broken. Then, after the snow melted, I found a sort of black plastic box with what looks like little dials on it in the place where I backed onto the driveway. The little dials are broken off of it. Is this part of what was under the trim that was holding it together? It is about 3x2x2. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I am not only a MINI newbie, but haven't had a car since 1978! (1975 AMC Pacer, LOL!) Thanks in advance, NB

Reply to
nellybly

That's too funny. You went from one of the worst, ugliest, most un-cool cars in history to one of the coolest.

Congrats.

Reply to
Wayne S. Hill

nellybly wrote in news:BC28BB8C.14B1F% snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net:

The box sounds like one of the jack points. They are located just behind the front wheels and just in front of the rear wheels. See if one is missing.

Reply to
Rilian

It has been too cold here to do much of anything outside, so I haven't looked under the car. Is it dangerous to drive around without it? I guess I'll call my MINI Dealer and find out how much this will cost to fix. Thanks from the City of Freezing Steel, NB

Reply to
nellybly

nellybly wrote in news:BC29870E.14EA9% snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net:

Not dangerous at all to drive without it. It's only there to secure the top of the jack if you need to jack the car up. It's just a plastic box held in with a pin. Shouldn't be very expensive.

Reply to
Rilian

Thanks so much. It is about $12 for parts, and less than an hour of labor, thank goodness! Not dangerous to drive without, either. I have an appointment for this Friday, and will probably spend more at the MINI store on t-shirts and hats, or whatever, while I'm waiting! God help me if I buy those seat covers at $100 a pop. Happy motoring, and thanks once again, NB

Reply to
nellybly