primo glitch

Hallo, fellow-motorers, still enjoying my new baby like there's no tomorrow, still driving like a fiend and feeling the love.

But I also have my first glitch: my top tail lights won't light up. First one complete side wouldn't light top and bottom (middle was okay), but the other side was all good, then the next day only the bottom and middle lights on both sides are working, but not the top. Odd.

Have check all lamps to make sure they're secure. Have unplugged and replugged the wire connectors to make sure they're making appropriate contact. But still no go. Guess it's my first back to the dealer item, but I think I'll let the list grow first--just not ready to say goodbye yet, and one of the lamps is working after all.

But thought I would check with you all to see if you had any ideas first.

Mille grazie!

Lisa

Reply to
poo

"poo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

The top lights are the rear fog lights. Unless you ordered your car with them or have had them enabled, they're not going to light up.

Reply to
Rilian

Ah-hah. I see. Thanks much!

However, my right (lower) one seems to go out by itself with some frequency, and intermittently--not the bulb, which I've checked--it works, and it's screwed in appropriately. Any additional insight?

Thanks again! Lisa

Reply to
poo

Huh, just sounds like a MINI to me :)

Erik

Reply to
Erik Peterson

Heh, heh. Now I'm really "in", aren't I?

And that's just what I said to my friends whom I dropped off (after my first car full--4 people, all of us drinking after work).

They looked at me strangely, but at least _I_ knew what I meant when I giggled and said, "Yeah, that's a MINI for ya!"

:-)

Reply to
poo

"poo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Nope - I'd let the dealer handle that one.

Reply to
Rilian