tail light fogs rigged as extra brake lights

Saw it on MINI2.com (thanks, Paul!). Anyone here do this yet? I'm thinking it's a great idea....

Lisa

Reply to
poo

I still haven't done the install (I have all of the parts laying around somewhere), but I was driving behind another MINI in a local fun-run this past weekend and he had the mod done. I have to say that it is almost shockingly bright after being used to normal MINI brake lights.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Peterson

My pleasure.

:)

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

I'm not sure I've driven behind a MINI yet to have gotten used to it one way or another ;-) I'm just anal enough to think: there are lights there that never go on...hmmm...that shouldn't be! Frankly, if I could get them to twinkle, that would be great--the way I'm still tearing up the asphalt (beginner's luck is holding out), it's probably a good idea to be conspicuous to my fellow drivers, ya know?

I have to say sweet Gigi is getting regular baths, because as soon as she gets even a tiny bit dusty, I feel compelled to take her for a wash. And the way it's been raining here lately, well let's just say, I should install one in my driveway, and maybe I could save some dough...oh wait! I HAVE a wash in my driveway--DOH!--it's called a hose, girl!

(Had a heart attack the other day. Bought some milk and it fell over on the way home and scuffed my metallic plastic door pocket. Big flat gray scuff. Wanted to cry, until I realized I could successfuly scrape it off with a fingernail. Boy, that first door ding is going to be a killer!)

Cheers! Lisa

Reply to
poo

Truth to that! My bumper looks like a porcupine was scraped across it in a few places (how I know what THAT looks like, I guarantee nobody wants to know...). I was washing my car the day that I first noticed it:

*wipe soap* hmmm *wipe scratches* Hmmm *wipe scratches harder...rub scratches...yell at scratches* HMMM! *realize that they are, indeed, scratches* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That porcupine had better be watching its back.

-erik

Reply to
Erik Peterson

Lisa, I did mine a couple of months ago. It was pretty easy. Go to this page, Richard's instructions made it clear.

John L

Reply to
frenchy