Which Paint?

Okay folks I have an ultimate engine steady bracket fitted to my 1990 Mainstream Mini Cooper and I bought it from Moss about 6 years ago. It's whats called the Injection type (strange considering my Mini has a carb, but it's suitable for all later Rover Mini's fitted with the

1275cc engine really).

Anyway the threaded area has gone a bit rusty looking and I know a good clean up with a wire brush will sort that, but is there a good paint I can use that will look nice and stop the rust reappearing too?

Oh and i'd rather not remove it from my car, so I want to be able to use a small brush to apply the paint.

Here's the part in question:-

And how it appears after almost 6 years of heavy use:-

Any help greatly appreciated. ;O)

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

I've had success with a product called POR-15. "POR" stands for Paint Over Rust, but I've used it on clean metal that I want to protect from rusting. It dries quickly to a smooth gloss black, and it's EXTREMELY durable. DON'T get it on your hands... don't ask me how I know this! :) In case you're interested, their website is at

I looked at the pics on your photobucket site. You don't identify (or maybe I didn't look hard enough) your Mini. I'm not sure if you are concerned with keeping your car exactly stock. If that's an issue for you then you may not want to paint the bracket black.

Good luck with it.

Charlie (dauph59)

Reply to
dauph59

Wrong group, but you knew that...... child.

Reply to
someone.not

Brownzie How can this be the wrong group ???? if he was asking about a ford, or something else, then I would agree with you, but he owns a mini,,and this is a mini group,, Taffy was asking about PAINT,, How can you determine its the wrong group from that,, Fitzy Taffy asked for advice regarding PAINT, There are some really clever people in this group who are willing to help with

Reply to
Fitzy

Thanks Dauph I might give that stuff a try and i'm not too bothered about originality because if that was the case I wouldn't have fitted the ultimate engine steady in the first place and my Mini is slightly modified anyway.

Oh and Brownzie i'm posting my messages here at present, because a child with a mental problem has turned alt.autos.mini into a battleground and as I don't want to play mental mind games with a backwards inbred Troll, you might start seeing more of me here from now on.

Thanks again,

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Just killfile people you don't like.

You guys are the first to redirect bini owners to the correct group, so you should lead by example.

Reply to
someone.not

Check my posts Brownzie, If I can,, I answer the question,,, then I advise the person of the correct news group, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Well i'm sure nobody here will mind, after all we're not going to misbehave, use foul language or hijack other peoples e-mail addresses either.

We're just going to talk about stuff relating to the Mini.

Anyway kill-file is not an option when someone is using your friends and your own hijacked e-mail address to make abusive posts?

In fact Brownzie, the foul Troll scumbag was using your name and account too mate until I sussed out it obviously wasn't you!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Taffy.....you are a liar. I never used his name, and I have never used anyone's account. Guess you can't get your facts straight, like usual.

Reply to
Madmax

Taffy....I have had a change of mind (nothing unusual), I sent spoof postings possing as a number of differant people on alt.autos.mini newsgroup. I posed as you, Fitzy and Brownzie, Barspeed, Tim_lis and several other one time posters that I found easy targets to cause as much disruption to the previously mentioned group. I simply copied peoples account names and email addresses and posted messages as them, calling people names and being as disruptive as possible. Taffy, you were right, your facts are accurate, I even admitted on the other group, I would suggest people have a look at my confession.

Reply to
Madmax

I rest my case.....

Reply to
madmax

Well i'm sure people like Brownzie and Dauphe know very well that I'm not in the habbit of telling lies.

Still the proof is all there on alt.autos.mini, but I wouldn't bother looking because thanks to the US TROLL it isn't pleasant.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

LOL

Reply to
Mad Max

Hi Group, just to let you know, Im dying of AIDS, thats why I frequent this newsgroup and others causing as much greif as possible, I have been doing so and continue to in spite of my other personality saying that I didnt do anything in the first place!

My advice to anyone is to ignore my postings in future, dont read them or kill file me, either way im dead soon anyway....

Reply to
Madmax

Oh no what a shame and there's no known cure either! ;O)

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Hey Taff...better get your ass checked soon...Since I've had my way with you several times.

Reply to
madmax

Dont know who you are, but im the real Madmax (big M) and I only have american ass's as they are bigger!

Reply to
Madmax

Must be because of all that McDonalds Fat and Kentucky Fried Rat LOL

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Exactly, thats all I eat, apart from nice all american butt, yum

Reply to
Madmax

Well your nothing but a BUM yourself mate and only have yourself to blame for your nasty predicament! LOL

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy