funny nuts

both rear wheels on my '91 cooper (not RSP) have one round nut with two offset circular cut outs, mini spares have said I would need to locate the manufacturer to get the tool, I have no idea if these are after market or genuine. Does anyone know where I can get the tool to get these off? Or indeed any other method (I dont mind replacing I just want them off!) Any help much appreciated, Gwilym.

Reply to
GG

The normal method is to get a cheap socket that doesn't quite fit over the nut and hammer it on.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Reply to
Paul Prescott

For years I used this method of removing locking nuts, very effective, I have also used the tool Paul described, looks like a plug socket full of spring loaded steel rods,also very effective,

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

have a good look in the car, it just may be there somewhere, down side of battery or in jack bag,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Or round the edge of the dashboard shelf, or in the side pockets, or under the seats and carpets... You may even find enough loose change to buy one of the special sockets.... =8¬} It's amazing what can be found tucked away in a well use car. =8¬]

Reply to
Paul Prescott

on a magnet under the rear shelf for me, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy