inlet manifold probs-ptc heater

Hi all! well after messing about with various qwik fix solutions i decided to bite the bullet and change the head gasket.This went fine but when i removed the inlet manifold I found a connector and cable to the right hand of the bottom of the manifold but also as part of this loom there was a loose cable with a heavily corroded spade connector which looks like this has been taped up. So , my problem is, is this cable for the ptc heater and is it necessary for running or can i run without it? I am not sure if I have disrupted this on removing the manifold or if it was already disconnected. The underside of the manifold looks a bit got at-right in the centre.As always all help appreciated!

Reply to
paul s via CarKB.com

Hi Paul!

I think you are talking about a single or multipoint injection mini? (they have these heaters in the inlet manifold)

From experience I have noticed that a lot of people accidently knock the cable off the heater when they replace the exhaust manifold and then don't really notice the difference, I think it is only really noticeable in very cold climates and only at idle, you may notice that the idle is a little dodgy with it removed whilst the engine is warming up, apart from that I don't think it makes any difference to the overall performance or reliability of the engine.

The previous owner may have disonnected it because it had shorted and the ecu threw a wobbly, try testing the resistance with a multimeter and comparing it to the service manual value to see if it is knackered!

miniman

Reply to
miniman

Hi miniman! thanks for that .aye she seemsto be running ok so no probs!! well apart from my latest post-indicator prob!!! it never ends!!

m>> Hi all!

Reply to
paul s via CarKB.com